Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Next Book

I have two story outlines developed, one that had been rumbling around for quite some time in the dark and scary recesses of my mind; the other as a result of input from several readers of the blog and many emails.  I will be working on three things starting in August 2010, including: 


- Items one and two: fine tuning and a little polish on Deep Winter and Shatter.  There are some things within the book, style wise, that I'd like to tweak.  Nothing earth shattering in changing the 'canon' of the Deep Winter universe.   As a hack amateur writer, Deep Winter was the first piece of fiction I'd written since my frosh year at college, just after the last ice age when the world was still more or less sane.  
- Developing two outlines for the new stories, the first alluded to in the last chapter of Remnant, called 'Frontier'.  Frontier is post-War, and includes characters familiar to all, but the world is certainly different.   The second, called 'Distance', is a story concurrent with the timelines of Deep Winter and Shatter, as lived from within the S.A. 


My original thought was that this would be another story of someone being relatively prepared, and how they deal with the things going on around them.....I've cast it in a different light though, which should make an interesting contrast.  Right now, I'm more interested in 'Distance', because it sounds like much more fun to write....


Take care, gang.  It's getting to be downright sporty out there these days. 


Tom S. 



2 comments:

  1. Are they done yet?? :D

    Both sound like fun projects, and I look forward to reading them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Sherry,

    After reading the Kindle version of Deep Winter, Shatter, and Remnant virtually straight-through, I have to say WOW. I have been a prepper for years, but you REALLY woke me up. I am going to get much more serious about considering threats I haven't before. I have much more to say in praise of the books, but I postpone for now,and just say I cannot wait to hear what happens in the commie State of America. Those people (e.g., Slocum) were SCARY as written, and I have little doubt that such people exist in our country.

    God bless you, Mr. Sherry. You are doing the Lord's work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!